As much as I love the holidays, this year in particular, I'm ready for a fresh start. I believe in making a mental list of resolutions that I usually don't complete but put effort towards the success of them.
I don't think I differ in most by saying that this year's list will include: eating better, paying attention to my finances with a little more detail and walking more than sitting. The older I get the more I stress over my health and taking care of myself. As vain as it may sound, my skin is a huge stressor. I am aware of my skin went it looks dull, dry, or just plain tired.
This blog entry is dedicated to the health for our hair. Here is a list of super-foods for the health and "life" of our strands..most of everything in the list is also generally good for your body and digestive system as well...go figure.
Health Foods for Healthy Hair
1. Water: Water and sleep are probably the most important factors in maintaining a youthful and healthy appearance. Turns out water is just as hydrating for your hair as it is for your skin. A fourth of the weight of your hair is comprised of water, making water the benificiary in making your strands soft and supple. So drink up!
2. Salmon: This fishy is packed with Omega 3 fatty acids, being a high quality protein, salmon provides minerals that supports a healthy scalp. If you're a veg-head, you can substitute flax seeds in your diet and get the same benefit..all it takes is about two tablespoons a day.
3. Nuts: Especially walnuts, walnuts contain a special acid that help condition the hair. Top a salad with walnuts or eat them as a snack.
4. Oysters: Number four here holds a special spot in my heart, there's nothing I enjoy more than walking up to the boardwalk in Rehobeth during the summer and ordering a dozen oysters and a pitcher of beer at Fins with my sister. Oysters have zinc in them, which acts as a powerful antioxidant, I think we all know how great antioxidants are for the skin, nails and NOW ALSO for our hair.
5. Carrots: Eat lots of carrots not only for your vision, but to help with instant shine.
Who knows, maybe if we all start living off of these super-foods there will be no need to purchase expensive conditioning treatments for our hair...?? Might be worth it to try...
Hope everyone enjoyed their time off for the holidays. I know I did...mainly because I did very little. Lots of couch time, movies, reading, and eating..time to get back in gear for a new year. Hopefully, we all have made that list of things we can improve on or find the courage to do in 2011.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
little hair scribbles...
- ▼ 2011 (8)